Your Ad Could Be Here

How Amazing Isn't It Making Your Own Music?

Just got to share my happiness with you guys!

I am a complete rookie that threw all my fears aside and started to sing infront of others for the first time in my life in december-13. 

I´ve been writing my own lyrics for some time now but never had the guts to do anything of them myself, so until now I shared them with another rockband. Not anymore ;)

Got lucky enough to find a guy that is starting up a musicproducion so now my first song is under production!

It is so cool to hear my own song emerge from my text, the fact that I sing it myself makes me amazed. Who would have thougt??

But it is not without effort, of course. I see a vocal coach regularly and try to improve myself every day. A hard but delightful job;)

I never though making music could give so much! Now it's all I want to do! Makes me wonder; is it just a beginners reaction or are you feeling the same everytime you managed to produce a song that you truly like?

//MMR

Edited by MazingMaryRocks
  • Like 1

Enjoy it.

I get a buzz if it goes right, but it could be anyone's music really.

It feels nice when I find myself humming a tune and after a while realise that its one of us songstuffer's tune.

Simon Darveau's 'I'll Cry Instead' is one that recently came to me.

W00T!!  :jumping25:  W00T!!  :luxhello:  W00T!! 

Whether you're standing there behind the mic, or sitting in the audience hearing a singer do something you wrote, when that audience starts in with the applause ... "O .. M .. G!"  There's just nowhere else you'd rather be; nothing else you'd rather be doing.

Looking forward to sitting in the nosebleed section of the packed house someday.  (It was a nearly sold-out show ... I took what I could still get ...)

Enjoy it.

I get a buzz if it goes right, but it could be anyone's music really.

It feels nice when I find myself humming a tune and after a while realise that its one of us songstuffer's tune.

Simon Darveau's 'I'll Cry Instead' is one that recently came to me.

Hi! I will enjoy it, believe me ;)

I listed to Simons song and it is really good, tnx for the tip!

//MMR

• 4 weeks later...

yes i love making my own music ....its like the rest of the world can only speak in 1 dimension but i can speak in 3 bcos i can use a song

i was on a particuler forum before i came here & i looked at a few others before i registered here & im quite shocked at how many people are on loads of these forums with the same songs ........  loving your own songs is one thing but being totaly obsessed with getting people to say nice things about them is another

i looked at a few others before i registered here & im quite shocked at how many people are on loads of these forums with the same songs ........  loving your own songs is one thing but being totaly obsessed with getting people to say nice things about them is another

I wouldn't know Tinam - I'm only on SS :yes:

Ahem... to describe the experience, I am somehow reminded of that lyric (I don't remember right now which one) which referred to ... "a fake orgasm ... turned into a real one."   :jumping25:

It really is ... indescribable ... when something that you have busted your  :moon: over ... for so long, "in solitude and in silence" ... suddenly becomes something that you're hearing in a music hall.  You grip your beer in a crazy sort of way, suddenly aware that no one else can share that experience with you.  (Or, that they would ever think to.  To them, to all of them, "it's just another song."  But, to you ...)   .... ooohhh .... yeahhhh ....

And then, you get control of yourself and order another beer.  ;)

It is a great feeling to create something out of nothing, that's 100% yours. When you get it right, its amazing. Hard to beat.

It can also be the single most frustrating thing...having an idea in your head and trying to get it out just the right way, but never getting it quite right. For the most part, this is usually where I find myself  :cursing: