Your Ad Could Be Here

Samuel Morrow - Misery

During my depression, I turned extremely suicidal sadly suffering from two attempts. During that time, I wrote this poem called, "Misery." Now I've recovered, living happily. 

With this life, of pain and hurt.

With a knife by my side, God, so, help me learn.

I think about her, only once.

So I slit my wrist, what have I done?

I’m bleeding, so little time.

How much time, do I have left to live?

Why can’t I just live a normal life?

With this misery, it’s piling up.

As my long-lost love, I guess I can’t give up.

But what shall I do, it’s only pain.

The Misery, is all the same.

I slit my wrist, and cry in prayers.

A non-existent God, will hear my tears.

Blood on the knife, dripping from my wrist.

With this poem, a final kiss.

Like Romeo, I died with a kiss.

Maybe I’ll live, or maybe I’ll die.

Maybe I’ll give, maybe I’ll cry.

A final note, my final words.

Goodbye cruel world, misery hurts.

Just my thoughts: there's many times used the word 'misery' BUT it's used kinda too often and, i don't find in the poem, why were you feeling that much miserable. 

It was so depressing that firstly, i stopped reading. Hope you're better 

I wrote this song while suffering under depression earlier this year. My depression originated from me (at the time) coming out as gay publicly, and ended up losing most of my friends. For about 4 months, I only had 3 friends who stayed true to me. One of the friends that left me was a Christian girl, after she left me because being gay was against her religion. It was also at this time I lost faith. Over the months, suicidal thoughts built up and I tried taking my life for the third time. Before attempting it, my parents walked in at the right time and found me with a knife to my wrist. For about 5 weeks, I was sent to a mental hospital until when I was let out and was closely watched by friends and family. Now, I am doing much better, living happily with my girlfriend always by my side. 

Archived