Your Ad Could Be Here

Howdy fellow songwriters!!

Let's face it.. some of us are good with words, some are good with melodies/ arranging, &/ or generating memorable beats, and some have amazing vocal talent.

As for "Dem  der fancy words" I used in the tags, this is what I meant; though my own definitions might differ quite a bit from good ol' Mr. Webster (the guy who wrote one of the most famous dictionaries).

Synergy: Not everyone is good at everything.  The classical definition of synergy basically means that "The sum of the worth or value of the parts exceeds that of the whole." 

While I can create a half decent simple melody I suck at choosing the right "colorful" chords and counter-melodies necessary to produce great music. Likewise, my "skills" as a percussionist are laughable.

Next.. Serendipity: Call it good fortune, luck.. whatever.  Sometimes things work out to our advantage .. just because!  And we don't even know why..

If we consider the odds of having more "good fortune" or even the possibility or probability of "having good stuff fall in our laps".. the chances of having this happen tend to increase when we work cooperatively on a project as a cooperative team or "think tank".

Finally - synchronicity, or.. the way stuff fits together.  Ever been working on a puzzle.. you've agonized where a piece goes for what seems like forever to you, just to have someone walk up and drop it EXACTLY where it needed to be??

Songwriting can be like that, whether you're composing or lyric authoring.  Sometimes it's nice to have a 2nd (even a 3rd!) brain to create just the right lyric, beat, chord, hook, chord progression.. whatever.  Besides, it's best to have a smaller piece of a BIG pie rather than a whole pie that is tiny, now isn't it? 

Let me know if you agree with this crazy, eclectic and creative olde pharte and want to give it a go on some projects with him.  Looking forward to working with some of you amazing, great, imaginative, creative people - especially artists/ groups, composers, music producers and music arrangers.  See y'all at the Grammies!

<)8√D

SWJ

hi  joe i agree with you totally  its also true  for the likes of spice girls ,. steps, take that  ect  they  all achieved more together than  there solo work and it was because of them all working together in the first place that allowed them  to have success in there solo carreers its the same with song writing  get a hit with a collaberation it will help to open doors  for more collaberations and  in time  for your own songs   i would also say   as song writers  it would also be good to have muscians wanting to perform our songs  it would help there carreers  to  at the end of the day  its new songs that get people noticed  ps joe  i hope im standing beside you in the  limelight at  the grammies

Me too.  A great example of a successful team is Elton John and Bernie Taupin.  EJ is the first to admit that he is no lyricist!  Taupin, likewise, is no composer.  Either, or both, would have had lackluster careers in music had they not combined talents, according to a popular industry publication.  Synergy strikes again!   Then there's Brooks and Dunn, another pair well known in the American Country Music scene who benefitted (especially financially) greatly by their cooperative efforts and endeavors.  ("Endeavours" for y'all outside the States }`;^D)

SWJ

Would you be interested in some challenges aimed at artist development for people who want to write / perform hits?

Nice one James. I’ll start a pre-challenge topic so I don’t completely hijack your topic!

Hi @SongWriterJoe!

Welcome to Songstuff! Totally agreeing with your post, I should say! You are very right.

I am able to figure out vocal melodies, lyrics and sing, but I can´t really make instrumental tracks... but I had the luck I could contact with nice people able to complement my work and we ended up having nice songs!

I hope you can get that kind of collaborative work here in the site! Keep us posted about ongoing projects!

Best,

Michan

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2019 at 9:16 AM, john said:

Nice one James. I’ll start a pre-challenge topic so I don’t completely hijack your topic!

I'm in... With my limited talents 🙄

• 1 month later...

Hi Joe,

I have lots of country and Christian  lyrics looking for music. To hear some I've done, www.soundclick.com/johnwselleck or /johnselleck and then let me know what style suits you best.

Archived