Your Ad Could Be Here

Post Pics Of Your Guitar!

This is my guitar, I know a lot of guitarists are scared about just knocking their guitars... I'm not, rather, I like my guitar like this, it adds character. Nobody else can replicate my guitar. It's truly unique. =]

You guys should post pics of your guitars too!

Alex O'Connor ~

dsc00163l.jpg

Edited by AlexOConnor

my_guitar_art.jpg

Here's (one of) mine - did this when I was 22 or so, and someone had kicked it down the stairs during a party in my absence - and looked a bit like yours only with more damage to neck etc.

Actually plays rather nicely to this day, even though I had two left hands at that age, and I could do a way better job now, I left it like that for the memories. :)

Hey

Well I have a few guitars, the only decent one is my Martin:

post-3-1282681982265_thumb.jpg

From right to left Jim Deacon les paul copy,Legacy Electro Acoustic & Encore Strat copy

post-1411-12826837562483_thumb.jpg

Iris - Fender 72' Thinline Reissue

post-3252-12831287573424_thumb.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen one anything like that Jim. Is that a semi-hollow body or just a fake soundhole?

It looks to be in great condition!

Tom

Its a semi hollow body. A reissue , maybe ten years old. Fender made a single coil and a humbucker version.

I think between 69' and 73'. This is a reissue, a 72' Thinline, Mexican, plays great, tele feel with no hum.

A gift from my wife. I'll never leave, because she'd kill it and I couldn't stand the loss.

Fake soundhole! Never seen such a thing, that would be embarrassing.

Roflcopter - Did you photoshop that picture, or is that the woods characteristics? It kind of looks

burn't, very interesting.

Roflcopter - Did you photoshop that picture, or is that the woods characteristics? It kind of looks

burn't, very interesting.

It's called HDR photography, you take 3 shots of the same object in rapid succession, one 2 stops too dark, one normal and one 2 stops too bright. The software can add these pictures to 1, giving very nice results since there's details that normally don't come out. Can give a real hyperrealistic effect, or game-like, depending on the settings you use.

Your camera needs to be able to 'bracket' the shots tho, for best effect. It *can* work with only 1 picture and fake it, but it usually doesn't look as good as the real thing.

Website with tons of examples

My photography

• 3 months later...

Here's my babies.A Fender USA Deluxe strat,Squier Fat Strat,cheap Chinese classical with no name,and another cheap Chinese Asheville acoustic.

family-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first and only acoustic guitar, I splurged and spend about 400 on it maybe 4 or 5 months ago

It has a build in tuner, and its an ibanez acoustic/electric =p

image00000.png

• 2 months later...
  • Editors

All you guys make me jealous!! lol anyways my guitar is a local made black 'signature' guitar that I purchased for some money I got in a competition with a pick up fit in long after its purchase. I've an electric guitar too,its a custom made with the floyd rose installed.(but Im more of an acoustic kinda guy:))

post-4655-0-80736200-1301315845_thumb.jp

Right, hmm, okay.

This is my first electric: Chinese Strat knock-off, got it about ten years ago. Horrible, horrible thing, been gathering dust for nine years now.

A week ago I got new pickups for my other guitar, so to practice soldering (which I had never attempted before), I stuffed one of its old pickups into the thing (which, surprisingly was already pre-routed for humbuckers at the neck and bridge).

Took some... improvisation (did you know for example, that pickups are actually held by the pickguard? I clearly didn't! and since as it turned out, I am not very good at soldering (holding the soldering iron up to the metal thingie at the end of a mostly plastic switch long enough will make the thingie melt through. It all seems so clear in hindsight), the tone and volume knobs don't actually do anything. But everything else works! thumb23.gif

Oh, and it's tuned to drop d nasvhille and it looks like this:

firewood.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• 1 month later...

post-3252-0-37717800-1304260276_thumb.jp

My Axes

Edited by Jim622

Very nice. You lucky, lucky... lol