Your Ad Could Be Here

whos your favorite singer and WHY!!??

I really dig Thom Yorke from Radiohead and Ed Vedder from Pearl Jam. More than anything I love the strength of the emotions they sing with. I can't help but feel that singing is a genuine release for them and I really love that.

I also gotta agree with that fine gentleman before me, Matt Belamy is a mind-blowing singer... How he manages to sing like that while playing the stuff he plays on guitar or piano is a mystery to me!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

TAYLOR SWIFT!!!!!

Well actually I just love her to death as a songwriter.....her voice is just the way of carrying the song to me. :)

my favorite singer is Taylor Swift. she's amazing! and the reason why i love her and her music is that i came to know music by listening to her songs. "love story" was the first country song i ever listened and it was great. gradually i came to know more about music and that was the time i found out how great it is and since that day Music has been my LIFE, (I CAN NOT LIVE WITHOUT MUSIC.) but everything starts with "love story."

Ahhhhh I love you, I didn't think anyone else would say that.....same exact story here. :D

My sister is my favourite vocalist. :) Only because I've been singing with her for years and years and her voice is so unique :) As for famous vocalists... My favourite is probably Beardyman. He's a beatboxer and the instruments he can impersonate is like.... whoh.....

• 2 months later...

Serj Tankian. He is just a master at everything he does, from System to symphonies. Hes my role model for being a musician and a good choice too. His range is amazing, like a E2 up to a F5. Beats Taylor Swift lol

Edited by DogmaticRock

Mine has gotta be Dusty Springfield, she's the reason I do what I do musically her voice just gives me shivers she could make even the worst song sound good

Sounds interesting never heard of her.

For me it would have to be either,

Maynard Keenan,

Serj Tankian,

Greg Lake,

Freddie Mercury.

All of them have powerfull voices with INCREDIBLE range. And they all write such deep lyrics, they really harnessed their emotions when they performed. Top notch musicians, all of them.

• 2 weeks later...

I realize I can only come up with girls for now - pretty un-famous too unfortunately

definitely - rachelle ferrell - most impressive best controlled vocals I've ever imagined

sam brown - probably known for her song "stop", present beautiful voice full of personality

alannah myles - rough edges and delicate sensitive parts perfectly put together, always blows me away

• 8 months later...

Hmm. Hard question.

Elton John- good vocal quality, nice variety in song types

My favorite singer is Elton John, the 70's era. He is one of those fine singers that makes one feel the meaning of the lyrics with his vocals,

listen to these mind blowing songs, Levon, Tiny Dancer, Benny and the Jets, Sacrifice, Candle in the Wind original 70s version. His voice is remarkable. Check out "Goodbye Yelllow Brick Rroad" album it will blow you away. Elton John and Bernie Taupin a great songwriting team.

By the way, now a new queen of music is born, who is this groovy lady? her name is Adele. I was so shocked to hear such a fantastic new artist to finally come in this dreadful decade to save us from hundreds of unwanted bad talent. Adele is superb! The only good music around.

• Like 1

• Editors

I'll say Frank Sinatra. Everytime I listen to the depth of his voice,it just feels good! Another nice voice is a female jazz singer called Gretchen Parlato,check this song out-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBTfvkvy4tM

I saw Hayley Sanderson this year, and she had a coldish crowd to contend with.

Not only did she sing many times better than I was expecting, she blew me away with the feeling and great song interpretation she had.

Before the end of her set, I had decided she was my 'new' favourite singer.

Hayley Sanderson is one of the 4 vocalists from the show Strictly Come Dancing.

Prior to this my favourite had been John Bell of Widespread Panic.

Before that, Dino Valenti of Quicksilver Messenger Service.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, David Bowie is a great Singer, Check out the song Five Years.

• 3 weeks later...

Glenn Danzig - Astonishing vocalist and so underrated. Will never be considered as one of the all time greats because of the subject matter, but he just doesn't care and does what he wants. Badass outlaw artist.

Ian Astbury - As with Danzig he's extremely underrated. The Cult are a phenomenal band that deserve to be right up there with the biggest rock bands.

Burton C. Bell - Amazing dichotomy. The first time I heard Fear Factory I thought they had two singers.

Chris Cornell - Now that's a powerful voice.