Your Ad Could Be Here

whos your favorite singer and WHY!!??

Oh, sorry. :rolleyes: I take things way too seriously..

Some of his lyrics have deep meanings and simply sound good to me. So he's ONE of my favorites. I have other influences..

Yeh, I think Bowie was 'of his time' as they say! He was pretty far out there which suited me! My Dad hated him! :)

Yeh, I think Bowie was 'of his time' as they say! He was pretty far out there which suited me! My Dad hated him! :)

I like him because he's different. His voice is very unique, and his lyrical style is interesting to me..

I like too many artists to name. Too many styles of rock to choose from, too. :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

chester bennington.....from linkin park

john lennon...

chester bennington sings and screams so much in tune even in live too.........so simply hats off to CHAZY

:worship2:

Evan Dando from the Lemonheads - he has such a versatile and expressive voice, he writes great songs and has a great ear for spotting songs to cover - I like the Gram Parsons and Lucinda Williams songs he sings - I've seen him twice where he's been totally in the zone when it came to his solo acoustic spot - you could hear a pin drop. He struck me as a real pro when it came to performing - I didn't get the feeling he was going through the motions on songs he must have sang a thousand times - he put everything into making them sound fresh and new. He has so much colour in his voice even when he's just talking (yes - he smoked a lot of crack at one time but his voice, against all the odds, has survived in tact) - the recording engineers on his last album said that they had virtually nothing to straightenout usng the autotune technology that is in fairly common use in the studio these days - he has great pitch.

As Finn said Peter Gabriel (for the rich colours he can produce just like Dando) and Kate Bush (been listening to Aerial today in fact) and I even agree on Annie Lennox - she was astounding live.

Daniel Lanois is a favourite - again for the rich tapestry in his voice and lyrics and for his production work - he is a very musical guy in his own right but he also gets such great results from the artists he works with - Dylan, Willie Nelson, Emmylou, U2, Eno, etc.

John Lennon, Liam Gallagher (I love his voice, strangely enough) and probably Elvis should get honourable mention.

Yes - Elvis, the 3 albums of out-takes from 56-57 show what a genuinely awesome voice he had.

• 1 month later...
chester bennington.....from linkin park

john lennon...

chester bennington sings and screams so much in tune even in live too.........so simply hats off to CHAZY

:worship2:

Another LP fan :o

Chester Bennington will always be the best singer (to me atleast). He's done alot of covers that I think are better than the original. Like Highway To Hell, Anything and a duo with Motley Crue performing Home Sweet Home :) Have you ever heard of Grey Daze? Chester is the main singer and he rocks even when he was 16 :)

P.S. I'm curious to how he will sound in his 60s... hehehe...

~TIMOTHY~

• 1 month later...

Pete Wentz and Patrick Stump of Fall Out Boy

Legends :D

Oh and Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day, Hes cool.

Oh Oh! Hayley Williams, my god shes fit as f*ck too.

Edited by Tay

• 1 year later...

interested to know.. whats your favorite singers and why? - not from an overall frontman point, but the actual voice..

personally i'm fed up with most up and comming rock bands with the ra ra ra or whining screamo crapola. - rob halford is my current favorite due to his range and power.. perhaps not so much his tone - but he is a damn impressive hard rock singer by all accounts.

[smiley=rockin.gif][smiley=rockin.gif][smiley=rockin.gif][smiley=vocals.gif][smiley=rockin.gif][smiley=rockin.gif][smiley=rockin.gif]

JAMES HETFIELD! Sorry but his vocal skills are fantastic, not too screamo, just a hard aggressive rock voice but with a subtle gentle quality to it :)

no offence

but hetfield sucks !! back then {pre-black era} his vocals are perfect, indeed a perfect for thrash !! now a days sucks

To the topic,

my favs are,

Lemmy {forever}

Dio

Steven Wilson {porcupine tree}

Mikeal akerfeldt {opeth}

this might be a new name, Caudal, but i tell ya..his vocals range are really super awesome, clean vocals, guttural growls and much more..

ofcourse Brian johnson, bon scott {AC/DC}

• Noob

interested to know.. whats your favorite singers and why? - not from an overall frontman point, but the actual voice..

personally i'm fed up with most up and comming rock bands with the ra ra ra or whining screamo crapola. - rob halford is my current favorite due to his range and power.. perhaps not so much his tone - but he is a damn impressive hard rock singer by all accounts.

[smiley=rockin.gif][smiley=rockin.gif][smiley=rockin.gif][smiley=vocals.gif][smiley=rockin.gif][smiley=rockin.gif][smiley=rockin.gif]

As a Christian, I don't agree with Phoebe Snow's spiritual views, but she has one of better voices in modern music in both power and range.

Edited by tpreitzel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

personally, my favorites r the teen aged ones like Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato.

but also Kelly Clarkson and Jessica Mauboy, winners of American Idol and Australian idol.

also, their lyrics have meaning behind them making them more appealing to me, as well as the music.

they have some kind of technoish rock/pop.

i also agree with euphoriamorning on the screamo and ra ra ra thing... i hate it so much...

also the techno stuff they do to their voices... it just ruins them.

• Noob

Willie Nelson, Elton John, Robert Earl Keen, Eva Cassidy, and my favorite voice is Larnelle Harriss. Incredible pipes. I know that I am leaving way to many out, and Elton is not a true lyrist but he never ceases to blow my mind.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Noob

Thom Yorke, he has an excellent range and great control over his voice. (It's so peaceful and pretty.)

• 3 months later...

"Whining screamo crapola"? I kind of take offense to this actually. I respect all music and just because you DON'T like it doesn't give you the right to call it "crapola". It is one of my favorite genres. But, along with rap. And classical music such as Pachabel, my favorite composer. And my favorite vocalist is Jeremy DePoyster by the way. He has an amazing range and great control over his voice. Just listen to Louder than Thunder by The Devil Wears Prada.

Edited by ToMoveOnIsToGrow

• 5 weeks later...

Maynard from tool his singing is just so alive and real. Steven Wilson from porcupine tree there is just something about his singing that make's it amazing. [smiley=rockin.gif]

Edited by Mrend

Elliott Smith, John Lennon, Frank Zappa; anyone with enough brains to write great stuff and enough vision to convey it meaningfully