Your Ad Could Be Here

What are you listening to at the moment?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is pretty incredible!  Think this song is going on a playlists.

Steve Vai "Little Pretty" from the new album "Inviolate" - Out January 28, 2022! 

• Like 2

• Editors

I've been listening to the new Silk Sonic (Anderson .Paak & Bruno Mars) album on repeat. The production and performances on this record is just massively classy. And its ridiculous how their live performances give the songs a dimensional lift everytime! Whew. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Alligator.thumb.jpg.e18f519989d1e1c93fbdb8711ec992b0.jpg

• Editors

Sharing this song I started with this morning. It's an absolute diamond by one of my most favourite songwriter finds last year - Luca Fogale! ❤️

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Stewart Schmidt said:

I just found this: 

"I've Got Dreams to Remember (Alternate Take)" by Otis Redding 

The mixing is a little strange, but I kind of like the sound.  I like the back-up singers in the original, but I think that they're mixed a bit too loud.  The organ at the end of this also really accentuates it well.  There's a live version of this that I heard on the radio one time that I'd just love to hear again, if anyone knows where I can find it.  

Also, if anyone likes Okkervil River, they reference this song here.  It's how I got into soul, which is kind of funny in a way, as Will Sheff is not one to belt an Otis Redding ballad.  Also, if anyone likes Okkervil River, they're really good live.  I haven't heard most of their new albums, but, when I saw them in the wayback with The Stage Names, they put on a really good show.  

Gotta love Otis.

Revisiting my youth atm…

• Editors

A couple by the same artist. this was shortly before she passed and it is amazing that she can do this with past stage 4 cancer. She performs like there is nothing wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2022 at 6:38 PM, Stewart Schmidt said:

Without any further ado, I give you "Bad Girl" by Lee Moses! 

One of my all time favorites. Absolutely love that song, only problem I have with it is if and when it pops up in my Spotify playlist I seem to be completely unable to stay within speeding limit, it's something about that song!!! ❤️

And you also talk about Townes, Phil Ochs...I must say, Mr Schmidt, you've got good taste in music no doubt.

Edited by The S

• john unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

Black Sabbath - War Pigs

Popped up in a Tweet to crank it up.

Live (1970)

Or the studio version..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Like 1

Listening to Durell Anthony's new release Be With U.  Durell was on The Voice, is from my hometown and a nephew of one of my long time friends and music buds.  There is alot of talent in that family!