Your Ad Could Be Here

What are you listening to at the moment?

'You're Still The One'

The first song I heard from Shania Twain back in 1998, which is like two decades ago! I absolutely love the timbre of her voice, its quite addictive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peggy said:

B-52's "Love Shack"  it's rocking and I couldn't  resist :)

OMG, so contagious! I never really heard the entirety of this one before so thanks for the post, Peggy!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anything with the drumming of Michael Giles - I have always loved this guys drumming and I just had a raving mad passion to hear him again - he appeared on all sorts of odd albums in the early 70's after leaving King Crimson -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Giles

In particular I've been listening to everything by the 21st Century Schizoid Band made of alumni from King Crimson....any Crimson fan should check them out. Look at the line up

• Jakko Jakszyk - guitar, lead vocals, keyboards, flute
  • Ian McDonald - alto saxophone, backing and lead vocals, flute, keyboards, piano, percussion
  • Mel Collins - alto, tenor and baritone saxophones, backing vocals, flute, keyboards,
  • Peter Giles - bass, backing vocals, percussion
  • Michael Giles - drums, backing and lead vocals, percussion

I've also been listening to the last 3 albums by Jackson Heights as he played on those albums: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackson_Heights_(band)

he has a light, crisp, jazz influenced progressive rock style - he's a great but under rated British rock musician imho. (as is his brother - the bass player Pete)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lemonstar said:

Anything with the drumming of Michael Giles - I have always loved this guys drumming and I just had a raving mad passion to hear him again - he appeared on all sorts of odd albums in the early 70's after leaving King Crimson -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Giles

In particular I've been listening to everything by the 21st Century Schizoid Band made of alumni from King Crimson....any Crimson fan should check them out. Look at the line up

• Jakko Jakszyk - guitar, lead vocals, keyboards, flute
  • Ian McDonald - alto saxophone, backing and lead vocals, flute, keyboards, piano, percussion
  • Mel Collins - alto, tenor and baritone saxophones, backing vocals, flute, keyboards,
  • Peter Giles - bass, backing vocals, percussion
  • Michael Giles - drums, backing and lead vocals, percussion

I've also been listening to the last 3 albums by Jackson Heights as he played on those albums: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackson_Heights_(band)

he has a light, crisp, jazz influenced progressive rock style - he's a great but under rated British rock musician imho. (as is his brother - the bass player Pete)

Forgive my ignorance but I never really understood what progressive music meant, until this post. Thank you for broadening my horizons a little, I plan on doing some more research into this genre.

BTW, I came across this drummer about a year ago, but now I know that she composes progressive pop music! Check her out if you're interested:

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trawling a deep trench of atmospheric instrumental ECM-label type jazz ATM - Andy Sheppard - British sax player...
Andy Sheppard Quartet - And a day... (Romaria 2018)

• Like 2

Usually I like Power Metal...but have been getting really into the new Southern Rock thing lately like The Cadillac Three and Whiskey Myers.

• Like 1