Your Ad Could Be Here

What are you listening to at the moment?

• 3 weeks later...

Listening to this again for the first time in years - at 1:18 always thought the guitar sounded a little like the sound of Tom Verlaine (Television) on Marquee Moon - maybe the phrasing is similar. 

Edited by lemonstar

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still trapped in a previous decade:-

Everyone says the same thing about The Clientele - under-rated!

I've been binge listening to everything they've ever done - I could have picked  any number of their songs - this is the opening track from their great 2005 Strange Geometry album... it's as good a place as any to start listening to a band I know many of you will wonder why you never heard of them before.

Edited by lemonstar

Tom Rosenthal - frustratingly inconsistent artist IMHO - sometimes brilliant, sometimes tedious and irritating.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Two for one - it's the track Taxi by Blue States but I couldn't find it on its own but its used in this trailer for the terrifying 1966 Truffaut film of Fahrenheit 451 - I was terrified of the future when I read it when I was about 14 but most of Ray Bradbury had that effect on me at that time)

I'm also listening to everything by The Rosebuds - mainly because the lead singer sounds a lot a friend of mine - especially on tracks like this - it's ghostly hearing his voice.

• 2 weeks later...

Ding a ling, I feel so christmasy... can I put this in here? it's what I'm listening to. And of course it is on repeat in my head!!! LOL

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know, for a lyricist, this might be considered a strange choice, but c'mon, This lady can play!

7 hours ago, fasstrack said:

Zappa is not only brilliant, he's a dead-on comedian...

Saw him in concert in Long Beach, CA, circa '71, along with Bloomfield Bues band, It's a Beautiful Day (If you don't know their music, look it up), Mountain, Janis, Jefferson Airplane, and about 3 more. The tickets were $10, and one of the best concerts you'd ever want to see as a rock fan. He did about 1/3 of his set on his "Shitar", it was great. I saw every major rock and folk band out there from '68-'73.

PS Did you check out Ladyva? It is pronounced "La Diva"

Edited by John W Selleck

For those who never heard of them, this is It's a Beautiful Day, doing "White Bird", 2 versions, live and studio. David La Flamme was a pioneer of the rock Violin and his sister, Linda Had a great voice too. The studio version is a lot cleaner, of course. They were a San Fransisco band along with Jefferson Airplane and Big Brother and the Holding Company, Joplin's band

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Noob

I love listening to classical music, because the feeling of tranquility that emanates is very gratifying for me. In general I like to listen to the classical instrument, although I play modern songs, because it inspires me and it calms me to listen to it.
I also listen to this type of music a lot because I want to get to play several musical instruments in the future and I plan to learn to be able to play old classic songs in almost all classical instruments.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

The Teskey Brothers From Melbourne, Australia.. got hooked first time I heard them.   

• 4 weeks later...

This is an absolutelly beautiful Gothic piece. You would make a GREAT MISTAKE to not to check it.

• 4 weeks later...