Your Ad Could Be Here

Challenge #15 Writing For The Strolling Bones

oops sorry that was so early in the show!

I think she was watching series 5 or 6 when we broke up, that was over 2 years ago and it's still on I think.

I'm watching season 2... 8 more to go :P

Les, I like your song regardless, maybe a few glitches, but it has the style of the Bones to it. This is very Bonesy. At least in my opinion.

Baby baby baby I’ll take you higher

High high high as you like

Baby baby baby I’ll set you on fire

You know I can

Keep it keep it keep it

Keep it up all night

Keep it keep it keep it

Keep it up all night

Keep it up all night

How do you add your lyric with a poll, I have no idea how to that. Where are the instructions?

Kel, can give us the link? Thanks

Goldy :001_smile:  :001_smile:  :001_smile:  :jumping30:  :jumping36:  :lily:

• Like 1

Kel

how did you add a poll your post?

cheers Bro

When you create a topic, or when you edit the first post in the full editor, on the right hand side of the screen is "Manage Topic poll", click on that.

There you name the poll and add the question text and answer options I provided in the first post of the challenge topic. Simply copy and paste, oh and use the plus symbol to add a second poll option for the poll question (not add another question, as cunningly that would add a new question not a new option for the existing question). Save the poll then post the topic

I'm in the middle of adding the poll, but I can't find the questions, can you provide a link, it's quite confusing to me. I can't find anything in the first challenge that talks about a poll. I looked every bloomin' where.

Goldy :eek:

Edited by goldylocks

First post of THIS challenge :)

First post of THIS challenge :)

I did it. I actually got it write.  Thanks John.  Now I'll find out if there's any Bones to pick about my song. Lol

Goldy  :jumping13:  :jumping13:  :jumping13:  :jumping25:  :jumping38:

Edited by goldylocks
  • Like 1

:jumping25:

We are all getting to tech-savvy!

:jumping13:

POLL UPDATE Friday AM 4 October (Kilo Time (GMT+10))

Title                                                    Writer                       Yes                        No            Votes

Long Leg Lover                                  NSJ                         100%                                         1

Drippin' Love                                      NSJ                          100%                                         1

Sticky When Rich                               NSJ                          100%                                        2

69                                                       JDHarris                   100%                                        1

69 Now                                               JDHarris                   100%                                        1

Red Hot Mama                                   Kel                            100%                                        4

Drippin' Love                                      Vagda                       100%                                        1

Red Hot Mama                                   Goldy                                                                        0   

Goldy, maybe you should ask John to move your entry to the Open forum rather than Members only?

Edited by Kel

Ok

Only just posted mine up (yeah problems)

I forgot to put 'Poll Challenge' in title.

I'm tired.

Goodnight everyone

zzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

John, I moved my lyric challenge poll from the members only to the open forum, but I couldn't delete the old one. So I deleted the song and poll and said moved. Just so you know so you can clear out that post.

Goldy :eek:

Edited by goldylocks

Lol, just as a head's up for the future, ask me or one of the mods to actually move the topic (ie not create a new one) as in doing it the way you have you would lose the votes you already have. I will see if I can add the missing votes for you.

Lol, just as a head's up for the future, ask me or one of the mods to actually move the topic (ie not create a new one) as in doing it the way you have you would lose the votes you already have. I will see if I can add the missing votes for you.

Sorry, but don't worry, I haven't got any votes. I guess it just ain't gonna get any satisfaction. Oh, well. Always something new around the corner. 

Goldy :no:  :no:  :no:

Edited by goldylocks

Your new one has two votes last time I looked, plus I know I voted on the last one! It says how many have voted, if not sure click on "show results" :)

I'll be doing my POLL UPDATE each morning until you declare Satisfied or made Mick sick or Monday my time....

Kel

Not one Make Mick Sick yet!

Thanks John, Les and J.D .also Vagda for the vote of confidence, that means more than any challenge results at all!

Goldy :thumb23:  :thumb23:  :thumb23:

Edited by goldylocks
  • Like 1

Goldy,

Yours was the boldest entry.

I may be the only one here that both likes & knows the Stones work well, and I have only 3 positive votes.

Thanks Rudy, I edited again, trying to get a sense of Nic Snagger singing it. Wishful thinking huh? Lol. But I thought I would repost it. What the heck, that's what it's all about, improvement right?

Red Hot Mama

V
I watch her on the street at night
Wearin' a hot pink sequin dress
Tears stream down her face
Wonderin' where she's goin' next

Pre Chorus

No one knows her drama
Or what's behind her sad, sad eyes
No one can see through that woman's
Hurtin', hurtin' painful disguise

C

They call her Red Hot Mama
Cause she lives her life dangerously
But she ain't nothin' like she seems to be
Turnin' tricks like a merry go round
Each ride she takes brings her further down
Down, she goes to a life of Hell as she falls
She ain't, no she ain't, no Red Hot Mama at all
She ain't, no she ain't, no Red Hot Mama at all

V

I see her in shiny red lipstick
Throwin' back that long blonde hair
Blank eyes starin'' into no future
Knowin' she's going nowhere

V

Age has played her so hard
I know she tries to pretend

Kissin' johns with withered lips 
Like she was young again

B

I wonder if her life will change
But I don't know

I don't know
If she had someone who cares
Maybe she could see tomorrow

C

They call her Red Hot Mama
Cause she lives her life dangerously
But she ain't nothin' like she seems to be
Turnin' tricks like a merry go round
Each ride she takes brings her further down
Down, she goes to a life of Hell as she falls
She ain't, no she ain't, no Red Hot Mama at all
She ain't, no she ain't, no Red Hot Mama at all

Edited by goldylocks

Hey, that actually reminds me of a stones song 'The Pain of Love' "...the old maid is rougin' up..."

Your a fighter Goldy. Great.

PS

HEY MODS. I just reposted mine to correct the title. I CANT DELETE THE OLD ONE. CAN you oblige please?

POLL UPDATE Saturday AM 5 October (Kilo Time (GMT+10))

Title                                                    Writer                       Yes                        No            Votes

Long Leg Lover                                  NSJ                         100%                                         2

Drippin' Love                                      NSJ                          100%                                         1

Sticky When Rich                               NSJ                          100%                                        3

69                                                       JDHarris                   100%                                        3

69 Now                                               JDHarris                   100%                                        3

Red Hot Mama                                   Kel                            100%                                        6

Drippin' Love                                      Vagda                       100%                                        2

Red Hot Mama                                   Goldy                        100%                                        4

Sticky When Rich                               Scorpionking                                                              0  

Sticky When Rich                               Rudi                          100%                                        3

Keep it Up All Night                            Skin59                       100%                                        3

Some more votes for most entries, and couple of new Challengers, welcome guys. I hope you stay with the group, not just for the Bones!

John, I got a call last night from the manager of The Bay City Trollers asking if I new a Scotsman who might like to write some lyrics for their comeback album. You are the only Scot I thought of... are you up to the challenge? To meet their Consideration Criteria, you need to post to the Songstuff Lyric Critique Forum and register a 66% Yes vote to the following poll:

Should this be the comeback single for the Bay City Trollers ?

Yes - Woody get get all woody!

No - Eric would break his legs first

• Like 1

Is it allready saturday? :P

Do we need a minimum of votes? Can I vote on my own lyric? :P