Your Ad Could Be Here

Where's The Country?

I'm a huge fan of the songwriting boards. I love reading all of your songs and giving my critique. I also enjoy sharing my songs and getting a good honest critique.

I haven't found a lot of country or folk songs though. There have been a couple that have really stood out. I can really relate with these members and their songwriting styles, because it is what I write. I do cross-over to country-pop in a couple of my songs and I have a couple that have a little "blues flavor" in them (that's what I call it anyway).

I'd like to find some members who write in the country genre. I'd love to be able to bounce off one another and drawl inspiration. Possibly a future collaboration :)

Every genre is so different and it's a pleasure to be a part of this community. I drawl inspiration from everyone and there creativity.

:cowboy: LET ME HEAR YOU COUNTRY FOLK HOLLER :cowboy:

• Like 1

Hope so, Tom! Thanks for your response. Can't wait to check your song out :)

I tried to do a country sound with The Road but it changed more into soft rock with some country or folk overtones not sure what genre to call it. I posted that song for review in the songwriters section. I find country extremely difficult to write not the lyrics but the actual songs. Think I will challenge myself to do a proper raw country song one day and I might have to really listen to a fair bit of country first.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Carrie, country is a genre I very much enjoy writing in (though I don't think I've posted any of my country lyrics here). I do have several, though, as well as a few finished country songs. I also write a lot of folk. In fact, I write across several genres.

Realwarrior: I've enjoyed your lyrics.

Donna: I would absolutely love to hear your lyrics and finished country songs, as well as your folk material. Nothing would please me more. You have so much talent, and so far your material is inspiring me to write better. You've given me great insight on Georgia Peach! :)

Edited by Carrieptn

Carrie, if you click on the 'Rich Blend' link under my signatures, it'll take you to my Reverbnation page. The first two songs on the list are country: 'Her 'Tude 'N Her Twang' and 'One Tear Don't Mean A Heartbreak'. (There might be another couple scattered in among there as well.) If you scroll down the list, you'll find folk songs like 'Deep Blue Chill', 'If I Were A Sailor', and 'By Lake and By Lee'. I also have a bunch of folk lyrics waiting for a good home.

I think I'll post a couple of country lyrics here for feedback, then see about finding co-writers.

Pleased I could be helpful with Georgia Peach. :) I love the mutual constructive feedback on songwriting forums like this one.

Edited by DonnaMarilyn

Howdy Cisco :) hehe...

I never actually say "howdy", it just seemed appropriate at the moment :)

hey Carrie do you play/sing? I`ll post a country song, I like country its all about whats going on at the time..three chords and the truth kind of thing. I`ll get in there and read your lyrics, don`t expect some great review..lol I`m not the best at that,,, :rtfm:

Cisco: I play acoustic guitar and I sing, yes. The more you post you practice reviewing and getting review, the better you become at critiquing. It's all a matter of opinion, and what the other lyricist would do to improve your work (as if it were their own). I like to base my critiques on enhancing storytelling. However, there are a lot of members who are very trained and educated on structure and can help you improve in this part of songwriting.

I agree Whoosh. I'm a huge fan of Classic Rock. I grew up listening to it with my Dad. I'm in love with Americana these day's though. I'm not a huge fan of the newer, pop country. It doesn't have the depth and story that classic country is famous for.

I'll check out some of your work "Rippinlyrist!"

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Howdy Y'all! Once I get my feet wet here at Songstuff, I'll have some folk and country lyrics for ya!

:cowboy:

• 3 weeks later...

I think the newer country/folk is some of the best songwriting out there right now. Songs like "The House That Built Me" and "Georgia Rain" just grab at your heart, which is what good songwriting is all about for me. Even Taylor Swift writes some catchy songs, and Zac Brown's "Highway 20 Ride" and "Colder Weather" are incredible!

I like some pop like Maroon 5, but I wouldn't call their songwriting fantastic, just catchy tunes.

So I definitely lean towards new country.

• 2 months later...

Country heart in a city house here. You' ain't alone, Missy!

Cheers,

Kel

• 2 weeks later...
  • Noob

I'm a country songwriter. In fact my band just released our first country song.

Edited by tunesmithth
2nd portion of post removed....inappropriate spamming of section. The topic wasn't intended to be used for self-promotion. There are areas of the site designated for that.

Now we're talking !  Country.....sigh.  What is more real than country?  I'll be posting some of my lyrics over the next few days and am antsy for some fine worthy advice, opinion, feedback as well.  And I'll be around to offer the same.  Watch out Songstuff, it looks like country has arrived!

Joe

FunnyCideMusic http://funnycidemusic-com.webs.com/

Wondering about the name?  One way to find out !

• 2 months later...

Hi ... Carrie , its sounds like your here in ten also like me .... what I write would be in the category they call country today .... although I just try to write as good of a song as I can and let the cards fall where they may .... we may have met of even know each other if you live in Nashville or ever play at the commadore in Debbie champions writers rounds ..... anyways I'm Larry