Your Ad Could Be Here

What are you listening to at the moment?

1 hour ago, YamPaula said:

Ennio Morricone...
Just read that he passed away on July,6th

yep, sad. He had quite a body of work.

RIP Charlie Daniels

• 1 month later...
On 8/24/2020 at 1:56 PM, Peggy said:

Great song, I saw him live the first year he started  getting attention on a national level in a country dance bar in, of all places, NJ! He did a great show and hung around after to talk.

• Like 2

Hi All,

One of the best banjo pickers and one of the best bluegrass flat-pickers together. I liked it!

• Like 2

On 8/23/2020 at 10:56 PM, Peggy said:

Yeah I really loved his first couple albums(haven't heard but snippets of others), and as JohnW mentioned, seen him a few times....damn been 14-15 years ago now, but nice down to earth fella.  "Times like These" one of my favorite tunes of his.......pretty timeless :) gonna have to give it another listen haha.    

edit:

hahaha probably shouldn't have, I've inadvertently ripped that off a few times now ;) well we're both ripping off the same author,  oopsie

Edited by Cody
  • Like 1

• Like 1

have had this stuck in my head all day...finally breaking down and listening didn't help, starting singing it after I got a little jolt from my newest project haha............one album that's pretty much always in regular rotation and frustrating to say the least in me trying not to rip it off as well, at least not too blatantly :D 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

feels like a lot of great solo artists got left behind after Ed Sheeran became popular - but the talent never dies it just gets ignored 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, fasstrack said:

He's good---right outta the blues, and I like his soft voice (and vocal quality). Nice to hear someone not scream for a change...

Yeah I always considered his style as kumbaya surfer blues :D 

7 minutes ago, fasstrack said:

But with each successive album after this (from 1980) Miles got stronger. Star People ('82?) had some good blues and he was really getting in shape. Good band, too---and Miles was always wise enough to know to take a new band on tour before recording. After a few months on the road not only is the band acquainted personally, but the repertoire is known and ripe for recording...

I always liked that album that tune was off of, but hearing some story on it, it makes sense to me now as my tastes have always leaned towards the "raw" stuff, too much shine and polish I tend to start thinking about too many takes and  too many rehearsal hours, and my skin starts to crawl and I can't just enjoy it, I haven nightmares about how much work it took :D    Star People is one I have, but haven't heard in years, I should give that another listen, will probably do that while I'm off to bed after a long weekend. 

On 11/29/2020 at 11:27 PM, fasstrack said:

The critics trashed this album when it came out. But Miles hadn't touched his horn in 5 years---and you can't get brass chops back right away. It takes TIME to build the embouchure up. And what have those critics done in music? That's right, and thanks for reminding me---NOTHING.

I like Miles's solo in this best. The song is a well-meant tribute, but not memorable really, other than a vehicle for him, so I guess it succeeds on that level. And they were friends and family (and Columbia's George Butler) drawing him back out, so the project was kind of a labor of love and a tip of the cap from a younger generation of musicians to a wise 50-year-old who definitely deserved the props.

But with each successive album after this (from 1980) Miles got stronger. Star People ('82?) had some good blues and he was really getting in shape. Good band, too---and Miles was always wise enough to know to take a new band on tour before recording. After a few months on the road not only is the band acquainted personally, but the repertoire is known and ripe for recording...

Hey you ask and that was it at the time. Oddly, though I'm a guitarist, I am now listening to the horn heavy, no guitars.....

like to flick through you tube maybe put in a word or name and hope to find something or someone that sounds special well here is someone i have never heard before and think yes i like this sound . ps Joe Jackson refused to make videos for mtv . and that is one of the reasons he fell out of favour but still a great artists 

• Like 2

I dont listen to music. It is wet outside, i can hear the cars passing by and throwing the water of the road. The wind is heavily breathing, he works hard. From the other room i can hear the TV. They are watching something old and Czechish. I just guess, it sounds so. I dont hear much more. Movements i make. Sounds i make. And the silence that is here, telling me to dont rush. It tells me to move on, when im sure.

Harry Chapin a great lyric writer and a hero of mine he gave so many concerts for charity and also lobbied ( hope i spelt that right ) for changes to the welfare bill in USA . been on my playlist since i first heard W.O.L.D in 1972 .

• Like 1

pretty sure Godley and Creme used no guitars on the album goodbye blue sky. mostly harmonicas  but  agreat album PO . but don't think it got recognition  it deserved  , that is a harmonica being held up to look like a bridge 

Edited by scotsman89