Your Ad Could Be Here

Hit Songwriting/Production/Marketing Challenge Series?

Hi Gang

@James Anderson was talking in his intro topic about hit songs, and that got me to thinking about running a series of challenges focused on writing, producing and marketing hits.

If you have taken part in my writing or recording challenges you will know a good part of my focus is on writer/artist development. If you were signed to a publisher or label there is a writer/artist development dept whose focus is on developing your skills and abilities. It’s a level of input And interaction that indies miss out on.

I could run it as two parallel challenge series, one for writers (lyrics, music, combined) and one for production, or just as one series. I hope to encourage group writing and recording/production, including hit making “camps” made using our club feature. The marketing challenges would run in parallel but would be more at arms length to the writing/production challenges, though my intention would be that those involved in marketing challenges would be involved in marketing the writing /production challenges. A lot of the same people may be involved in all 3 challenges, but if you only want to write words, or market another artist, then that would work too.

How does it sound? Anyone interested please reply here and we can get it rolling.

note, it is not really a competition. You are challenging yourselves, though perhaps for pride, you will want your song to perform better than other projects!

@Lisa Gates @Peggy @Mahesh @Michan @Tom Collins

Cheers

John

I’ve had a couple of people interested in this challenge contact me in PM. Anyone else?

Archived