Your Ad Could Be Here

Hit Song Challenge - Pt 1

Hi

unlike other challenges where you might have artistic motivations, the mindset for this challenge is to write, infectious, attention grabbing, addictive songs that are ideal potential hits. Like the modern industry we encourage collaborations. In this case limit to your team should be 5 people. If you prefer working alone, please take part as an individual.

The challenge will be in several stages:

1. Lyrics writing & Melody writing
  2. Recording and Production
  3. Marketing and Promotion

You can grow your team as the challenge progresses. Although you do not need collaborators, this is an ideal time to experiment.

The rules are:

• If you participate in writing a song you equally share ownership (and all that entails) of the song with your co-writers
  • if you participate in the recording and production you equally share ownership of the recording of the song with your co-performers. This includes people acting as a producer.
  • Any other artefacts or assets created for your project are equally owned by the team unless you have a different agreement in place.
  • All team members must be members of Songstuff
  • By submission, you are giving Songstuff and our agents (staff etc) permission to promote your Finished song and associated assets and artefacts on Songstuff, Songstuff UK, our social media portals and blogs, and the social media portals and blogs of the Songstuff staff.

Your challenge is to write lyrics and melodies for a Potential future hit. There are no style limitations. Any topic. Any style. Just bare in mind, this challenge is about creating a hit,  Success will ultimately be judged by the public If possible using chart position. We can track the position on A number of charts,on different network. The overall result will come from working out the best average chart position.

For all this is a challenge it is also a great learning opportunity.

Please post finished submissions or links to submissions here in this topic
Please post developing works in the WIP critique boards

Songstuff will do what it can to support you, including giving each team a “budget” for Songstuff adverts (on and off our boards - on Songstuff, Songstuff UK) which means our staff promote your music in a number of places including several twitter accounts, playlists on Soundcloud, Spotify and YouTube etc. A pretty good incentive! Using all means, we can put your final music in front of hundreds of thousands of people... IF we accept your song submission.

To be accepted, your song  must be commercial and of a good and appropriate quality for your target genre. We will not promote any song that is of a poor quality.

There is more. Step 1, assemble your team and name your “band” project. This might include askinging non-members to join Songstuff. Step 2 start writing!

@Timbre @DonnaMarilyn  @McnaughtonPark  @symphonious7 @Pahchisme Plaid  @Ray888 @ALOPRODUCTIONZ

@Rudi @Peggy

@Lisa Gates @snabbu @Patty Lakamp

@Capo3tanya @Kimberly Shires @Glammerocity @TPistilli

@TodaysTomSawy3r

@Mahesh @Lisa Gates @James Anderson @SongWriterJoe @Michan @Tom Collins

I will mention more potentially interested people later. :)

Any questions, ask here in this thread! 

Challenge Set!

• Thanks 1
  • john featured and pinned this topic

You must be Clark Kent, because this is SUPER, man!   I've been tryin' to get something like like going, myself.   

Edited by SongWriterJoe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Awesome. I thought a month, but as this is a personal challenge rather than a competition, it can take longer if necessary. The important thing is to go through the process, develop an appraise mindset and treat it very much as a serious learning exercise.

I thought once you have a team we could do a short workshop discussing some of the considerations etc. What do you think?

• Like 1

@Gary Keenan This might interest you?

• Thanks 1

Anyone else? This should be a really cool challenge!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

i am putting a team together  for this  hit song  challenge     who wants to join    i nead   a singer   soprana  would be ideal      a guitarist    into   rock based  music     a producer  who  wants  to help  get the  best recording of  what i will have in mind    a drummer    ect      i hope  there will be a few teams want to take  part   to make this a success   i think this will be fun  and creative   so  pm   if you would  like  to be part of a team that is serious  about   wining  

since  we are the first  team to  start  forming   i think we should be called   the  A team   got a co lyricist  songwriter  joe    and  now  have a producer    Thomas Eckstedt   on board     could do with a  singer and  rock guitarist   any  keyboard   player intersted    we are interested  in talking to other members if they have  any thing to bring  to our team  and if some would  like to audition  rather than just commit for a start  that would be ok  to 

Nice one. I look forward to what comes next!

I am hoping some other teams will come on board, though even if it is just the A-Team, it is a personal challenge to push in a different direction from other challenges... and I am sure you will get a load of benefits from it.

I will see if there is anything we can do to get at least another team active. :) A friendly air of competition can add an element of fun on top of more serious goals.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

James/Joe, how are getting on with this challenge? What are your sticking points?

hi  john   still trying  to get a guitarist   and singer  on board from this  sight  if none  come up  i intend  to  source  a guitarist  that has a recording  studio  locally  and  get him to join songstuff  as you said we can  do   the  challenge  is to write a hit song   but   we  do want  to have    a good singer  to show case the song   this is a brillant  chance   for a singer  on this sight   to come forward   some one with a opera  type voice  soprano  would be ideal   i have in mind composing  a  gothic  rock   song   with  a classical  theme    how are you  getting  on  with  finding  another  team  it would be  nice  to have  more than one team   for some friendly   competition   but we are focused  to get started   

hi  got a guitarist  in  our  team  now    five  years  solitary      we  still nead  a singer   this  competion    is just  the thing  i believe  in     when  i started  composing  music  and  lyrics   i always  had the belief   that  music  is  that  potent  if  i wrote  a hit  song  that  it could  go  round  the world  in a matter  of  days   i take  this  as a chance  to put it to the  test  so  all  you  singers  out there   send  me  a pm   and  have  a song   with you  singing  it  by  the  5th  of january  and i will welcome  the  last member to our  team   

That sounds promising James.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Noob
On 11/18/2019 at 10:34 AM, john said:

Hi

unlike other challenges where you might have artistic motivations, the mindset for this challenge is to write, infectious, attention grabbing, addictive songs that are ideal potential hits. Like the modern industry we encourage collaborations. In this case limit to your team should be 5 people. If you prefer working alone, please take part as an individual.

The challenge will be in several stages:

1. Lyrics writing & Melody writing
  2. Recording and Production
  3. Marketing and Promotion

You can grow your team as the challenge progresses. Although you do not need collaborators, this is an ideal time to experiment.

The rules are:

• If you participate in writing a song you equally share ownership (and all that entails) of the song with your co-writers
  • if you participate in the recording and production you equally share ownership of the recording of the song with your co-performers. This includes people acting as a producer.
  • Any other artefacts or assets created for your project are equally owned by the team unless you have a different agreement in place.
  • All team members must be members of Songstuff
  • By submission, you are giving Songstuff and our agents (staff etc) permission to promote your Finished song and associated assets and artefacts on Songstuff, Songstuff UK, our social media portals and blogs, and the social media portals and blogs of the Songstuff staff.

Your challenge is to write lyrics and melodies for a Potential future hit. There are no style limitations. Any topic. Any style. Just bare in mind, this challenge is about creating a hit,  Success will ultimately be judged by the public If possible using chart position. We can track the position on A number of charts,on different network. The overall result will come from working out the best average chart position.

For all this is a challenge it is also a great learning opportunity.

Please post finished submissions or links to submissions here in this topic
Please post developing works in the WIP critique boards

Songstuff will do what it can to support you, including giving each team a “budget” for Songstuff adverts (on and off our boards - on Songstuff, Songstuff UK) which means our staff promote your music in a number of places including several twitter accounts, playlists on Soundcloud, Spotify and YouTube etc. A pretty good incentive! Using all means, we can put your final music in front of hundreds of thousands of people... IF we accept your song submission.

To be accepted, your song  must be commercial and of a good and appropriate quality for your target genre. We will not promote any song that is of a poor quality.

There is more. Step 1, assemble your team and name your “band” project. This might include askinging non-members to join Songstuff. Step 2 start writing!

@Timbre @DonnaMarilyn  @McnaughtonPark  @symphonious7 @Pahchisme Plaid  @Ray888 @ALOPRODUCTIONZ

@Rudi @Peggy

@Lisa Gates @snabbu @Patty Lakamp

@Capo3tanya @Kimberly Shires @Glammerocity @TPistilli

@TodaysTomSawy3r

@Mahesh @Lisa Gates @James Anderson @SongWriterJoe @Michan @Tom Collins

I will mention more potentially interested people later. :)

Any questions, ask here in this thread! 

Challenge Set!

This is one of my songs

https://soundcloud.com/dj-younine/all-of-you

5 minutes ago, younine said:

Did you read the challenge or are you just plugging your song?

• Haha 1